Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday's beer is full of woe.

It's not, I just thought that would be a witty title for a blog post. When I took this bottle home from the Drink Store I had that funky Friday feeling that the red ale I was pouring into the pint glass was going to be a beautifully refreshing craft beer. The funky Friday feeling was actually due to the fact that I was pouring the beer from a bottle of Dungarvan's Coppercoast red ale. Since I'll eventually wind up giving every Dungarvan brew top marks I'll give the verdict now, three shots short of a dead deer in Poacher vocabulary - seven out of ten. My first reason being the subtle caramel flavored malt is potent as is the the fruity aromas and textures creating a nice balance that is further aided by the ale's own malt. Which leads me to the next pint (sorry, I just had to!) this balance creates a strong tasting beer and I love strong tasting, craft brewed ales.
-The Poacher

No comments:

Post a Comment