Tuesday, June 15, 2010

From the creator's of the most expensive beer!

Tuesday's beer is Hardcore Imperial Pale Ale made by BrewDog of Scotland. I was going to take this opportunity to prove that the young creators of this craft beer aren't only out to make high alcohol content beers but I have an old habit of trying the pale ale of each new brand that I want to taste. However the upside is Hardcore IPA is together with Punk IPA is the cheapest of BrewDog's range of beers.
Anyhow this brew, I believe is the Scottish equivalent to the Irish Porterhouse's An Brainblasta. Hardcore IPA may have a relatively high alcoholic volume. What I loved in particular about this craft beer is . . . drum roll please, Maris Otter hops. This very luxurious addition to the brew works very well with the alcohol content, giving the toffee malt a chance to sooth the drinker's tastebuds. I find this gives Hardcore IPA a very pleasing and therefor surprising balance which I thoroughly enjoyed. This beer doesn't feel watery on the tongue in any way whatsoever which is why only drink craft brewed beer now and furthermore I thought the relatively high alcohol content was going to overshadow the taste of the beer but I was surprised by the balanced taste of BrewDog's Hardcore IPA.
So BrewDog's Hardcore IPA falls a single shot short of the mark at nine out of ten.
-The Poacher

No comments:

Post a Comment