Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday's beer is a blonde ale.

I'm a staunch advocate of red ale but this fine brew from the Dungarvan brewery is really opening my mind to the delicious properties of what the Poacher finds is a very brew in the Republic of Ireland-blonde ale! The wonderful brewmasters in the Dungarvan brewery co. Waterford have named this very tasteful ale Helvick Gold and I cannot agree any less with such an apt name. The hops in this ale are strong but not overpowering at all as this brew is well balanced beer evident of it's creator's years of experience and skill in homebrewing. Furthermore, the rich citrus flavour of this beer willfully compliments the barley content which I thoroughly enjoyed tasting with this fine ale! I give this seductive blond a nine out of ten or in the Beer Poacher's language one shot short of the mark!
-The Poacher

No comments:

Post a Comment