Sunday, August 1, 2010

Another one well red!

I'm a major fan of red ale so I obviously felt obliged to try the Franciscan Well's brews in the Gingerman. I'd actually go as far as to say that Writer's Red might actually be my new favorite red ale. With a gentle soothing coffee malts with sumptuous fruit notes. Writer's Red oozes craft brewed aroma, the smell of it makes any of the big beer brands smell like cleaning chemicals. Writer's red is a very strong tasting ale with strong hops but the various malts (and don't get me wrong I love the bitter taste of hops) in Writer's red are marginally stronger coming together in a tasting drop giving Writer's red nine out of ten. Not only is this a beautiful beer but it's very light on the stomach and I have not been paid by the Franciscan Well Brewery to endorse any of their products in any way what so ever!
-The Poacher

No comments:

Post a Comment